Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Our Thanks

To the left are some of the reasons I give thanks every day---the students and staff at Willow Creek. Spending my time with these people makes my day and my week and my year. No matter how frustrated I might get with the challenges of education, there are always a lot of bright spots which keep me going with optimism, enthusiasm and humor.

Among these bright lights are:

A PE Program which produces lots of rosy cheeks and fast runners; a 4th grade boy who has his hair cut in order to donate it to Locks of Love; a 5th grade boy who insists on donating $10 of his own money to our "Adopt a Family" campaign; the retired science teacher who comes in weekly to help our Upper School kids understand biology; our 3 teams of students from Drake High School who are helping us "green" our school in many ways; our music and art programs which fill the school with song and color and all of the families who trust us with their children's welfare day in and day out.

As we approach this holiday season, let us all give thanks for the lights in our lives---when we stop to think and reflect a bit, there is lots of light in the darkness to help us find our way. We send our best wishes to all of you who follow our progress. Thank you for caring about us.